what can i say? i'm an eccentric woman.

got more soul

than a sock

with a hole.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

City Lights.


Check 1,2..

The city lights are up in flames. These lush lights chase the night quietly, not a sound in sight. Not a soul in search of day. I stand unmoving, high on wakefulness and alone, existing outside time and space peacefully. The atmosphere is forever in motion. Streams of scarlet brilliance drift across the busy roads. People pace and wander around my invisible self like a gifted hand is hastily painting moving sketches. My eyes can’t keep up. Midnight blues and divine violets rove along, swiftly. Flashes here, flashes there. I stand unmoving. The city lights breathe the musty air with me and watch the sky strip down to its undressed body too. A midnight clearing arrives. Dazzling. A train passes me by, heading in the right direction.

No comments: